September 3, 2009: While construction on the remaining portions of the RMLT continues in Boulder City; planning is complete for a celebration in Boulder City on October 17th. We will celebratewith the Boulder City Chamber of Commerce, Boulder City Officials and representatives from the River Mountains Trail Partnership.
Events Include the following:
- A ribbon-cutting event will take place at 9:00 a.m. at the Railroad Pass Casino upper Parking lot near the trail head.
- Speakers will include: Boulder City Mayor Roger Tobler; National Park Service Superintendent Bill Dickinson for SNPLMA; Railroad Pass Casino, Curt Thompson, Director of Operations; and River Mountains Loop Trail Partnership Chair, John Holman
- The Nevada State Railroad Museum train will transport walkers and bikers from the Museum, 600 Yucca Street, to Railroad Pass for the ribbon cutting ceremony. After the ceremony the train will return our guests to the museum. The train leaves the Yucca Street station promptly at 8:15 A.M. Funding for the train provided by the River Mountains Trail Partnership.
- “Cut and Run” – 5K Fun Run, Walk, Bike, Stroll – Immediately following the Ceremony at Railroad Pass Sponsored by the Boulder City Chamber of Commerce – $20 registration fee benefits the Boulder City Chamber Scholarship Fund
- Refreshments will be provided by the Boulder City Chamber of Commerce after the ribbon cutting.